Friday, November 16, 2007

Life Lessons

Oh the lessons we get to learn in life. I tell you sometimes life can be hard, especially when I've cleaned up the 3rd major mess of the day only to hear an "uh-oh" downstairs and my motherly instincts tells me the new gallon of milk has just been dumped all over the kitchen floor. Today Beau and I were in the family room when Beau (the son), after we'd asked him to help clean up said "Will you help me?" I said " Beau, I know you know how to do this" he said, "no, I need help" so then Beau (the dad) said "Beau, I know you know can do this too" then, with the saddest face ever, "I know, but I just don't want to do it by myself today".....I realized that I know I've had this same chat with our Heavenly Father more times than I can count. Life is tough, I'm trying to be more aware of the ways I teach my boys to deal with the challenges of life, I listen to the ways I talk to them, wondering if that's the way I want my Heavenly Parents to teach me. Like when the "milk spills" I just hope Heavenly Father patiently shows me how to clean it up instead of saying, " Oh, you are in BIG trouble!"... how sweet a gift parenthood is! I've found the best lessons in life are so often taught by our children

1 comment:

skcoe said...

Look what you did. Now I'm crying. What great perspective!!!