You wont find these in our tubs anymore

Want to know why?
Go here
Little Bronson was taken to the hospital where my sister is 29 weeks with her twin girls right now. She watched Life Flight take off from right outside her window to take little Bronson to
Primary Children's Hospital.
*****************
I know it might seem a little extreme-
but my kids are now shower takers. PERIOD.
Not that it's a big deal to them.
They've always loved showers anyways.
We’ve just known of too many babies drowning.
Sometimes in ONLY 2 INCHES of water.
I’ve always been TERRIFIED of
the whole drowning thing but even then…
When Beau was 4 and Hank was 2 I put them in the tub with only a little bit of water. Hank was TWO. He could sit and walk and so when the doorbell rang I didn’t think. I ran down to get it. I was gone less than 3 min before I, the paranoid mother, was running back upstairs to check on them. Hank was under the water. Starring up at me with blank, wide eyes. Little 4 year old Beau was trying to pick him up. I scooped him up right away.
He sputtered some water but he was fine…
If I had been gone ONE more minute.
I still remember all too well the feelings of guilt of what MIGHT have happened. How little Beau would have felt had his brother drowned and he wasn’t able to pick him up.
Ever since, I haven’t left the side of the tub.
But when I finally read about the actual events of
Bronson's drowning.
I got up, found the screwdriver, and removed the plugs.
Beau agrees. It's just not worth it.
I have 5 busy boys.
Who like water.
Who love to see toys float.
One of her 4 busy boys turned on the water
while she wasn‘t looking.
Mine could do that too.
So for the next several years, my boys are shower takers.
And our bath tubs… I guess those are for cleaning things out.
Please pray for the Staker Family.
Pray for Bronson.
Pray for his Mama.
It could have been anyone.
Want to know why?
Go here
Little Bronson was taken to the hospital where my sister is 29 weeks with her twin girls right now. She watched Life Flight take off from right outside her window to take little Bronson to
Primary Children's Hospital.
*****************
I know it might seem a little extreme-
but my kids are now shower takers. PERIOD.
Not that it's a big deal to them.
They've always loved showers anyways.
We’ve just known of too many babies drowning.
Sometimes in ONLY 2 INCHES of water.
I’ve always been TERRIFIED of
the whole drowning thing but even then…
When Beau was 4 and Hank was 2 I put them in the tub with only a little bit of water. Hank was TWO. He could sit and walk and so when the doorbell rang I didn’t think. I ran down to get it. I was gone less than 3 min before I, the paranoid mother, was running back upstairs to check on them. Hank was under the water. Starring up at me with blank, wide eyes. Little 4 year old Beau was trying to pick him up. I scooped him up right away.
He sputtered some water but he was fine…
If I had been gone ONE more minute.
I still remember all too well the feelings of guilt of what MIGHT have happened. How little Beau would have felt had his brother drowned and he wasn’t able to pick him up.
Ever since, I haven’t left the side of the tub.
But when I finally read about the actual events of
Bronson's drowning.
I got up, found the screwdriver, and removed the plugs.
Beau agrees. It's just not worth it.
I have 5 busy boys.
Who like water.
Who love to see toys float.
One of her 4 busy boys turned on the water
while she wasn‘t looking.
Mine could do that too.
So for the next several years, my boys are shower takers.
And our bath tubs… I guess those are for cleaning things out.
Please pray for the Staker Family.
Pray for Bronson.
Pray for his Mama.
It could have been anyone.

2 comments:
I'm going to have to take mine out. The boys love to turn on the water when they are in the bathroom. I have stood right next to the tub and had Isaac think its okay to try and swim in the tub and breathe water in, resulting in panic. There are a lot of things we need to look out for with the kids and a lot that can happen, but I don't want to have to worry about this on top of everything else I have to watch out for. Especially right now.
So scary! Ya, my kids always take showers. I am a mean Mom I NEVER let them take baths. Too scary, water is my #1 fear.
Post a Comment