Tuesday, February 8, 2011

We travel large


We took all our boys up to The Garden restaurant in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building to treat them to a special dinner. As we approached the reception desk the eyes of the three people standing behind it got noticeably larger. While they were very sweet, you could tell they were in fact concerned about a group of little boys our size when they seated us as far away from ANYONE as possible! LOL. It didn't take long though for my sweet and very well behaved boys to charm their way into the hearts of everyone there. They opened the roof on a FREEZING cold night to the concern of a room full of other guests just for them and sent us home with a purse full of butter mints and thanked us for bringing them in.
My life often seems chaotic to anyone who hears or sees 5 (and soon to be 6) little boys under the age of 7... and sometimes it is. But my heart is so full of gratitude for the amazing men that have been sent into my life. I am so so blessed. My boys are so so good, strong, righteous and thoughtful. I am so humbled to have been entrusted with their care. I know that Heavenly Father loves these little men and has great things in store for them. They make my heart smile everyday and I am so in love with each and every one of them!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Codi said...

You said exactly how I feel, and I only have three. Boys definitely are amazing and so fun to teach and of course learn from. I learn so much from my boys. It's completely humbling and such an awesome experience. We are so blessed!

Munford Family said...

That is how they looked when I took my four to sushi all alone! I do think it it good to take them to places and expect them to be respectful. It is a good life lesson!

Lindsey said...

Your boys are SO well behaved - it is very obvious that they have amazing parents!!

McBride Family said...

so brave of you - sounds like a fun evening! sweet post

Melody said...

Rachel, you have a beautiful family! It is fun to see how much they have all grown up! I am really looking forward to getting together with you and our kids. I love you! That is cool where you took them for dinner too.